What Can You Expect From A SilverDisc Account Manager?
24th February 2021
When you’re looking for a new agency or supplier – whether for your digital marketing or other business services – it can be difficult to make a final decision on who to go with. Sometimes knowing more about the service you will receive and the processes involved in working together can help you to take the plunge. We’d like to take some time here to explain who our account managers are, how we communicate with our clients, and the ins and outs of the services we provide. Read on to find out what you can expect from your SilverDisc account manager when you work with us.
Who We Are
Our account managers come from a range of backgrounds, both agency-side and client-side – to put it simply, we’ve been there and done it.
A key benefit of working with our agency account managers is that you aren’t simply hiring one person, but a whole team. Our clients don’t have one single person working on their account; there’s always a team of people, each with their own digital marketing strengths and knowledge, who work collaboratively to provide the best service.
How We Communicate
Here at SilverDisc, we’re keen to work closely with clients, becoming less of a supplier and more of a partner operating as an extension of your business. We take the time to understand your company, how you operate and how your brand positions itself within your industry. Everyone in our team is a firm believer in sharing knowledge and educating clients, too. Digital marketing isn’t a book of secrets – we’re honest and open when working with clients, to enable them to understand our world as much as we aim to understand theirs.
We’re comfortable communicating with clients across a variety of mediums, ensuring we’re working together every step of the way. Whether it’s online using Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams or face to face meetings either at our SilverDisc office or at your offices, we’re flexible to work to your needs. Even in this new world of remote working, we’re only ever an email or phone call away if you need us, using VOIP systems to ensure we’re able to speak with you on the phone whether we’re working at home or in the office.
We also invite marketing clients to use the task management system Asana, working collaboratively on website and marketing work to ensure that everyone is on the same page. In this way, our marketing strategies progress smoothly to help clients achieve their digital marketing goals. This helps to keep communication and tasks in one single place, ensuring everyone can see what work is planned and ongoing at a glance, without worrying about tasks falling by the wayside in long-lost emails.
What We Do
Our account managers work hard to take the aims and requirements of our clients, organising them with our various in-house teams and ensuring the output delivers results.
Our Paid Search team, certified in Google Ads and Microsoft Bing Ads, performs a wide range of tasks including:
- Providing PPC account audits and recommending improvements
- Implementing Google Ads & Microsoft Bing Ads account builds and rebuilds
- Implementing effective conversion tracking including online leads, calls, ecommerce conversion tracking and even offline conversion tracking
- Providing forecasts and strategies to facilitate growth and performance improvements depending on your business goals
- Providing performance analysis which feeds into the overall Paid Search strategy to drive continuous improvement
- Liaising with dedicated Google Agency Account managers to access beta programs for PPC clients
SEO is a fundamental service we provide, and our work is built on the principles of our MD Alan Perkins, who co-wrote the Google webmaster guidelines. Our content and SEO team typically works on:
- Providing SEO audits and strategies to map out a framework to grow organic traffic and leads/sales for clients
- On-page SEO improvements including page titles, headings and page content to grow organic search volume in Google and Bing
- Writing content to target Featured Snippets and position 0 results in search engines
- Writing long-form content such as articles, guides and more for clients based on keyword-driven SEO strategies
- Working with clients on link building strategies
- Using tools such as SEMRush and Moz for research, performance measurement and planning
- Google My Business account setup and listing optimisation
Our in-house web development team is experienced in Drupal, WordPress and Magento. While we often build websites for our clients, we can also provide web development support for existing websites. Our web development work includes:
- Building and managing lead generation and ecommerce websites
- Providing ongoing website security and maintenance support for clients
- Setting up product feeds for retail clients to use in Google Merchant Centre for paid and organic marketing
- Creating and implementing specific tools for clients such as stock-based ad group pause/activate tools in Google Ads
What We Report
We’re a results-driven agency by design and, as part of our account management work, we provide ongoing reporting to show you the value we’re driving for your business digitally. Whether it’s a top-level report for your board meetings or highly-detailed reports for your in-house analysts, we shape our reporting around you. This can be done weekly, monthly or even ad hoc as and when you need data for internal meetings, decision making and more.