Passing the Google AdWords Fundamentals Exam is the first step to getting AdWords Certified, whether you want to achieve Individual Qualification or become an AdWords Certified Partner (like SilverDisc!).
Becoming qualified is a great way to demonstrate your expertise in Google AdWords. If you’re an AdWords veteran, it’s also a useful method to ensure that you are staying up to date with AdWords’ latest features and best practices.
If you are thinking of taking the AdWords Fundamentals exam, get prepared by reading our exam overview and top tips!
Where do I take the exam? The test takes place on a dedicated third party website.
How much does the exam cost? The exam costs a non-refundable US$50.
How long does the exam take? You will be given two hours to complete the exam. In our experience, that’s plenty of time to complete the exam and check the questions that you have marked for review. There is a timer within the exam interface so that you can see how much time you have remaining.
How many questions are on the exam? There are just over 100 multiple choice questions to answer.
What score do I need to pass? You will need to score 85% to achieve a pass.
How should I prepare? By far the best way to prepare for the exam is to review the Fundamental areas of the learning centre. If you read and consolidate all of the lessons in the learning centre, there is no reason that you shouldn’t breeze through the test!
Can I re-sit the exam? The exam can be taken once every seven days, but you will need to stump up the $50 registration cost each time.
How long will the qualification last? Your AdWords Fundamentals certification will last for two years, after which you’ll have to renew it!
Expert Exam Tips
- In order to take the exam you are required to download a dedicated browser that prevents anything else on your computer from opening.
- Read all of the possible answers carefully before settling on an answer. More than one of the options might be technically correct, but Google are looking for the best possible answer.
- If you suffer an unexpected problem during the exam that you can’t resolve (e.g. your screen freezes) contact email@example.com and Google will assess the problem.
- If you are unsure of the answer to a question, mark it for review and come back to it once you have finished answering everything else.
- It almost goes without saying that you should ensure that you are “off the radar” for the duration of the test, you won’t want to be interrupted!
Once you have passed your Fundamentals exam, bear in mind that you will need to pass one of the search, display or reporting and analysis advanced exams in order to become fully certified. Good luck!